Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sara is back, sounds like I would have loved the Madagascar trip.  She brought me back a plush lemur, it's very cute.

Watched the documentary  "Into the Abyss" about two kids that are in jail for murdering a family.  What a mind bender.  These kids still don't think that they did anything wrong.  They feel like their being punished for no reason.  Can you say sociopath?

True Grit - 9.0/10
John Carter - 5.8/10

What's the percentage of gun use that is actually used in self defense in the States?

Was in wine country this past weekend.  There was a winery that had a ice wine slushie.  There is nothing quite as tasty as this.

 I think there should be tests that need to be taken to be able to be a parent.  Not necessarily just intelligence, but there needs to be a mentally stable, financially stable, and competency to be able to be a parent.  It drives me crazy when people that can't support themselves are having children.

Hockey playoffs are over for me.  Every team that remains seems like the same team.  Super defensive, great goaltenders, and boring.  I am cheering for the Kings being that they have so many former Flyers on their team.

I try to love scotch because I love the idea of it, but I never truly enjoy it. 

Tried a franc blanc from a winery called Hinterbrook.  It's from a red grape turned into a white wine.  It was terrific. 

Where's the great comedy movies?  Nobody is writing comedy anymore.  The last one that I have seen that isn't a horror movie turned comedy is 21 Jump Street.

Chess is underrated.  If you get into a game of chess, there is nothing else that matters.  Is it okay to be in a chess club now at school?  Or is this still shunned?

Going to a Jays game on June 3rd.  It's always fantastic when the Red Sox come to town.  It should be granted two victories every time you beat the Yanks or the Sox.

Have we ever had a May 24 weekend that was this beautiful before?  I remember sitting by a campfire with somebody throwing a can of beans in the fire and having it explode all over my winter jacket. Second memory is remember how cold it was during these weekends.


No comments: