Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Watching Team Canada dominate in the final two games of this tournament was nothing short of majestic.  You really had that feel of Detroit Red Wings hockey throughout the whole tournament, but especially in the gold medal game.  Puck possession and strong "d" were the name of the game.  My MVP has got to be Drew Doughty. 

Sara and I are heading to Chicago this weekend for the final one of our prizes for the Coors Light Contest.  We get to witness Chicago play Pittsburgh in an outdoor game at Soldier Field.  Very well could be a Stanley Cup preview.  7pm game of course.  Should be nice and warm there.

Really not sure how the Canadian population goes without vacationing to somewhere warm for at least a week.  This winter has been the absolute anti-christ.

My hometown has this beautiful St. Patrick's Day event that lasts two weeks.  Oktoberfest is for chumps and Paddyfest is for champs.  The winner by a landslide because you don't play fu***** polka.

Really like the Jimmy Kimmel segment of celebrities reading mean tweets about themselves.


Jonesing for some baseball.  Both to play and to watch.  I try to be active in the winter.  Or I always say I will be active in the winter, but this never happens.  The first step that I take out into the Arctic winter my body says "Yeah, good one Daryl.  Let's just get back inside before you hurt yourself." 

Dallas Buyers Club - 8.6/10
Welcome to the Jungle - 6.2/10  (Jean Claude Van Damme in a comedy role.  Actually I think most of his movies are comedy's, but this one is meant to be.)

Top 3 movies of 2013

3 - Nebraska
2 - Her
1 - Hunger Games - Catching Fire

I beat Sara at Settlers of Catan last weekend.  This is a feat for me since it so rarely happens.  The fact that she was lying on the couch sleeping until it was her turn makes no difference to me.  I will take the win.

If the American's weren't going to show up for the Bronze medal game.  Couldn't they at least done something awesome like played in old school hockey gear or bringing back the 1980 American team to play the game instead.  Would have been much more entertaining.

Scott Boras is ripping into the Jays about not making moves in the off season to keep the club competitive.  In other news he is also the agent for Ervin Santana the last prominent starter available on the free agent market.  Boras should be in the movie Wolf of Wall Street.  He is the epitome of being a douchebag.

Is there a Michael Jackson dancing school?  If there is not, why not?

If you put me in a an Art Museum and asked me to describe any art to you.  This would be the worst way to spend your time.

There was a time in my life that I was excellent at ping pong.  Not Asian excellent, but white excellent.

I am having a difficult time figuring out if I want to see Black Sabbath in Hamilton.  This is my all time favorite band and I have seen them once already 15-20 years ago.  This has to be the last time that they are touring and their new album is alright.  Also there is very little interest from friends to go to this.  One of them actually stated that he would rather see the Barenaked Ladies.  It almost came to blows.

Jurassic Park could happen I think if scientists put their mind to it.  The question might be.  Should we really be creating dinosaurs?

I miss the mornings of mimosas.  That sounds like a new Jimmy Buffet song.

Skateboarding videos of people doing tricks on the side of public stairs that have giant poles made of steel that are dangerously close to your crotch? 
   






No comments: