Monday, July 23, 2012

There was something magical about the sweep of the NY Yankees by the Oakland Athletics.  It's the old adage of David versus Goliath.  It's the first time in forty years that the A's were able to sweep a four game series of the Yankees.  There is something magical about this Oakland team.  They seem to be able to get timely hits when needed most and are able to get steady pitching each and every game.  They have an old man starter in Bartolo Colon and and a bunch of kids to go with him.  If they were able to get one more bat that might put them over the top to snag one of the two wild card spots. 

Have you ever smelt a bottle of Colt 45 that has been sitting out for a couple of hours?  It's toxic, and not in a Britney Spears circa '03 way.

Our co-ed slopitch team won our second game of the season.  The other teams first baseman came up to bat and gave me the hand up time symbol after being down 12-2.  It felt good to strike her out.  This isn't fastball or hardball it's slopitch.  You don't call for time while you get your feet planted for a lob ball that's coming in.

If you think you know the Beastie Boys, you don't.  Check out In Sounds From The Way Out.

No one likes the credit card dudes that come up to you in Zehrs.  I feel bad for these people.  This is one of the worst jobs.

Top 3 Worst Jobs

3. Cold Calling Anyone
2. Door to Door Sales
1. In the 1800's people had to wear a suit covered in honey.  They were there to attract all the bugs so that they wouldn't bother the guests.

Black Dynamite is now an animated show.  The first episode was fantastic.  It's about Michael Jackson being an alien that beats his family because they aren't talented enough.

Going to see the Jays/A's this coming Thursday.  Not sure who I am going to cheer for since they are my two favorite teams. 

The Flyers signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet this past week.  Nashville has seven days to match it.  Here's the details you need to know about it.  14 years/110 million, 26 million is possible in the first year if he maxes out all of the bonuses.  Nashville is a small budget team that would have a hard time generating 26 million.  They can't trade him for one year if they match the offer.  Basically the Flyers have put a gun to their head and said make a decision.

Chernobyl Diaries - 4.2/10

Zombie run is in Sept or Oct near Toronto this year.  It's a 5km run that has zombies popping out trying to eat you and have to avoid them.  Sounds like a great time, might make this the first run that I do.

Turn 34 in the next couple of weeks.  When does my brain switch from an irresponsible young adult to a fully functional productive member of society?

People that come into the shop can't know that I am in my mid 30's.  They always ask me where I am going to school?  Or how I could possibly remember the time that everybody didn't have a computer to themselves.  I remember distinctly having to go to the LDSS library and having to sign out one of the four computers that they had in there to check my hotmail account.  It took 15 minutes to load for the one message that I received from the hotmail team.

That whole Batman shooting in Colorado is terrifying.  To know that this could happen to anyone at anytime is an awful feeling. 

I have dyed my hair blonde a couple of times over the years.  This is the second worst mistake that I have ever made.  The worst was still having a mullet when the first time I dyed my hair blonde.


No comments: