Friday, May 10, 2013


Watched an interesting episode of 16x9 about how Prozac and other drugs similar are doing more harm then good, and some people have had suicidal, and violent thoughts while taking this "Happy" drug.  People have to be monitored for the first bit.  What?  Isn't this the opposite of what a "Happy" drug is supposed to do.  As I remember from the Kids in the Hall.  It's supposed to locate your happiest memory.

I bet you 99% of people would have a happiest memory of something that is just ridiculous.  Petting  a dog, going to the bathroom, or leveling up in World of Warcraft.

The Place beyond the Pines - 9.0/10

Gosling, Mendes, Liotta, and Cooper.  What a terrific movie.  Layered with different story lines, that all connect.  There aren't many movies that put a smile on my face while I watch it, but this is one of them.

Started men's slo-pitch last night.  Apparently our team all took steroids in the offseason.  Or maybe we have just developed some of that old man strength.

Don't go out in public wearing velcro shoes as a grown man.  Even when they were at the top of their game in the late 80's velcro shoes were always saved for people that weren't capable of tying their shoes.  Not for people too lazy to tie their shoes.  I own a pair of velcro shoes.  These shoes were worn to complete costumes, and walk into high end car dealerships for looks.

Hockey playoffs have been quite entertaining so far. I haven't been quite as attached due to my precious Flyers not being in the playoffs, but what I have caught has been good. 

Marc Andre Fleury must have caught Ilya Bryzgalov disease when they played each other last year.

Just give me one fifth of Michael Jackson's dance moves.  That's all I need.

Netflix is starting to gain more and more power.  I predict that a lot of the best shows are going to turn to Amazon and Netflix to have more creative freedom.  Wouldn't you love to see some shows just have one beautiful season, and not have so much filler. 

I can't believe how much money is wasted on flowers and jewelery.  You tell me ladies.  Does it mean more to you when your significant other says or does something extremely thoughtful for you, or spends money and buys you flowers or jewelery?  Jewelery and flowers are not thoughtful by the way they are just things that we purchase because we can't think of anything else.

The duck that lives outside our town house complex intimidates me.  He lays right beside my car and quacks at me when I try to get into the car.  I went in the passenger side the other day.

Golf bag, golf bag, golf bag.  Just trying to create some good karma for a prize win for tomorrow night's buck and doe.

Sara and I leave for Arizona next weekend.  Hiking the Grand Canyon, and doing some other things in the area.  We will see how good of shape we are in with this hike.  It's one of the toughest in the US.  We are stopping in Vegas to put money on ourselves to complete it.

Cackling laughs are the worst.  You sound evil and it makes everyone around you irritated.  Create a new laugh if you have a cackle laugh. 

People always react like dogs when you rub their back.  They lean into the back rub and straighten up. 

Favourite song right now is by the Local Natives have a listen



It's great seeing everybody support Jason Collins on coming out.  Now, let's see what team puts their money where their mouth is and sign him to a contract.  That will really see how far we have come in major league sports.

Obama's joke about Beyonce and Jay-Z "I've got 99 problems, and now Jay-Z's one."  Now that's comedy.

What do we get with Stephen Harper?.  "Well at least I wasn't a camp counselor or a drama teacher.".


No comments: