Monday, May 27, 2013

Highlights of the Arizona trip.

- Hiking the Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Staying in a remote old cabin that was built in the early 1900's. 
- Beautiful scenery everywhere you go in Arizona
- Southern hospitality


Hiking the Grand Canyon was tough.  It was 8 hours of all downhill the first day, and 9 hours of all uphill the next day.  The temperatures were hot throughout, and we had to take multiple breaks to make it.  When you look at the pictures, and have that feeling of accomplishing something that people have died doing.  You realize that it was worth all the pain.  Even if I am probably going to lose a toenail in the process.

Southern hospitality is real.  Every single person that we met were extremely helpful and polite.  Even if I look like an ashamed homeless man with my sketchy beard. 

The last day was a rough day.  We were around an hour out of Phoenix and ran into a road closure because of an accident on the highway.  In Arizona, with all the mountains there are only a couple of highways that take you into Phoenix so we got stuck driving for about 8 hours trying to go around this road closure.  It must have been weird seeing a dude that had turned green with anger driving a Toyota Corolla stuck in traffic.

Bates Motel - 9.0/10

Bates Motel is fantastic.  Really sets a nice tone into the beginning of the end of Norman Bates' mind.

Staying in a rustic wood cabin in the middle of nowhere tended to be a bit creepy.  I was also reading the book World War Z which made me envision what I would do at the cabin if Zombies were attempting to come after Sara and I.  Wouldn't a baseball bat out of a car window doing drive by's on Zombies heads be awesome?

One place you can't run out of toilet paper.  An Airplane!

I think I might go for one of those old timey shaves today at a local barber.  I think that I might need some old timey things to talk about.  "You tried those new lemon biscuits at the Old Towne Bakery yet?"  Oooh their mighty fine.  Biscuits and gravy."

Drawing evil eyebrows on toddlers is a new awesome thing.  If you have a toddler don't feel bad about doing this.  It's endless entertainment.

That weird moment when I realize that Huey Lewis is on my Ipod.  How did Huey Lewis get on my Ipod?  Sometimes I think Sara screws with me.

I envisioned that I would see more snakes then I did on this trip.  We saw a lot of deer and elk, but only one snake.  And I am fine with this.

Ontario could take a few lessons in outdoor living from Arizona.  Camping is free in most areas.  Washrooms are everywhere stocked with toilet paper.  Walking trails are in abundance.  Other then Algonquin I can't think of too many places that are even close to this.

Cottage is open!!!  Well, well, well, we meet again sunshine, steak, and cooler full of beer.

There will be no more powder jokes for this guy.  I have a nice glow to my skin.  It looks similar to an olive garden in the shade of a Niagara Falls Winery.


Silhouette pictures need to be more common.  They always look awesome, and work in every situation to get a laugh.

STP is suing Scott Weiland.  They also have a new lead singer.  The dude from Linkin Park.  The single sounded alright.  This divorce has taken so long to finalize.  Scott Weiland has joined the ranks of how are they not dead yet.

Top 3, how are they not dead yet.

3 - Keith Richards
2 - Lindsay Lohan
1 - Ozzy Osbourne

Bob Dylan didn't make this list because I think he might already be dead.  They Weekend at Bernie's him at concerts to make money.  They just use some old man that has marbles in his mouth to sing.

No comments: