Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Completed the Laura Secord hike on Saturday.  Then completed a pint of Silver Smith Black Lager, then completed a pulled pork sandwich at Imbibe.  I would say this was a successful Saturday.

Warm Bodies - 7.1/10

There are not many story lines that you can complete with zombies that haven't already been done, but this movie/book does just that by having you inside the zombies head instead of the humans.  Little too romantic in parts, but overall fairly solid.

The National played a free show in Toronto recently.  I like the idea of this if I could only have whoever I wanted there, and didn't have to wait for beer or washrooms.  Is this asking too much?

Jays have won seven in a row, and Jose Reyes is due back soon.  They might be too far back to make a real run at this thing, but it be nice to get back in the race so I can get to some meaningful games. 

Going golfing with three women that have never golfed before and have been drinking.  Even my patience can wear thin.  Here's a sample conversation.

"Where did my ball go?"
"You just hit it one second ago."
"I wasn't paying attention."


Top 3 worst things that I have drank before the age of 20

3 - Cup full of tobasco  (I was tricked)
2 - Milk first thing in the morning after a night of drinking.
1 - Cigarette infested beer, (this was by mistake.)

When did the 80's preppy villain look come back into style.  You know the John Cusack glasses, deck shoes, and polo golf shirt.  If you are trying to costume someone that is going to close down the ski hill to put up new condos you have pulled it off, but other then that you should try harder.

Kurt Cobain's death and Justin Bieber's birth were in the same year.  Useless knowledge 101.

Why are dogs always associated with root beer?  It's always that tough looking dog that looks like he just broke out of the pound.

Sara has been watching a lot of Appalachian Trail videos to see people that are doing it themselves this year.  Just a tip, if you are running out of money doing the trail don't ask for donations on youtube to keep your trek going.  So you are hiking a trail for months, not working, and not doing it for charity.  I already give money to UI on my pay cheque, thank you.

New Daft Punk album has the same percussionists that Michael Jackson used on the Thriller album.  Now this is something I can get behind and down to.  If you have seen me dance and was probably beaten by me in a dance off you know what I am talking about.

I once got beef noodle soup in my hair when it was long.  This was the day I decided to cut my hair short. 

There is nothing better then the viewing of a sunset at a cottage on the lake.  There may have been other contributing factors to my glorious state, but the sunset was the icing on the cake.

Black Sabbath at the ACC in August.  I am not sure if I can swim through the grease to get to this show, but I must attempt it.

Could you imagine having a cassette player or a VHS player and having to rewind tapes?  The tape has to be back by noon and it's 11:53, and the tape is still rewinding.  This was one of the tensest moments of my young life.

Getting hit with an acoustic guitar in the head must be more painful then it was portrayed on WWE wrestling.  Those guys would just get back up and continue wrestling. 

If a person was running to first base after hitting it, and was hit by the ball with a throw while running to first base would you think he should be called out?  This was a debate that I got in with a person in co-ed sloptich.  So I can just throw the ball as hard as I can similar to dodgeball to get people out now.  Nice!





No comments: