Monday, September 16, 2013

Recently went to a pub in Kitchener that serves up local fine craft beer.  And no, this place is not called Imbibe.  It's called The Bent Elbow.  They have 23 beers on tap at any given time and have fairly decent food as well.  The best part about the pub is that in the men's washroom they have a urinal, and the handle of the urinal is a Bud Light handle.  If you don't understand the reference there is a good chance that Bud Light is your beer of choice.  Never had such a good time in a men's washroom.  That came across awful, but still needed to be said.

What is with all the Nintendo stats in the NFL this year.  Multiple 400 yd passing games.  Receivers breaking 150 yds on a consistent basis.  I guess it makes for exciting football, but it's looking an awful lot like the CFL out there right now. 

This is the End - 9.5/10

What a wonderful movie.  Each Hollywood star portraying an extreme version of them self. Danny McBride, Michael Cera, and Emma Watson are all fantastic.

You have all seen the homeless dudes at the light posts at busy intersections.  It is never the same homeless dude though.  Do they have shifts?  "You get the light post from 8-10am and I will take it from 10-12pm."  Is there a chain of command?  Don't take Larry's light post at 7am if you know what's good for you.  I saw him whisker rub somebody to death once." 

Made tacos last night, and felt the strange urge to fry the vegetables instead of putting them on top at the end.  What a brilliant move, my only brilliant move of the day.  Fried onions and green peppers are absolutely phenomenal on tacos.  It had my mouth watering similar to Lindsay Lohan's mouth when she thinks about mixing cars and alcohol together.

Last night was the last co-ed slopitch game of the year.  I was the last out on a terrible pitch to swing at.  I might as well have taken a nine iron out attempted to hit the ball with that.  There is nothing tougher than a man yelling "shoot" at the top of his lungs because of his consideration for children.

Driving to Pittsburgh for a baseball playoff game.  Would anyone like to join me?  Only serious applicants should apply.

Went for a massage recently.  There is something in the man's brain that will never say that something hurts too much.  My masseuse is a very strong woman.

Top 3 foods that I have been missing out on until I was exposed to the beauty of them, and regret not trying or loving them earlier.

3 - Horse Radish
2 - Mahi Mahi and just about everything fish related, but especially Mahi Mahi fish.
1 - Everything Indian food. 

This is going to be the next huge thing on the intranets.  You heard it here first.  Actually it might already be a huge thing, but I would like to look sharp here.




When there is a Doritos bag around your sitting area it might be the hardest thing of all time to not open the bag and start eating them.  Even if it's 8am there's a good chance that I will open the bag and eat at least three until I realize what I am doing.  I will then eat one more and put the bag down.  My brain with then tell my mouth that it's OK to have just one more.  Then it goes in the cupboard so I don't have to look at them anymore.

Watched the documentary Black Fish recently.  This is a documentary about Killer Whales being in the possession of aquariums and having children and adults riding them, and having them do tricks for food.  In this case ignorance is not bliss.

Arctic Monkey's - AM - 8.0/10
Washed Out  - Pharacosm - 8.3/10

It's been years since I really enjoyed something that the Arctic Monkey's put out.  This album has quite a bit of their earlier sound incorporated into it, but sounds a little more grown up and spread out through the record.  Solid, solid, solid!!!

Own a leather jacket that has fur around the neck.  I am not sure what the fur is made of, but my neck has a rash on it after I wear this thing for more than an hour.  Sometimes a rash is worth looking absolutely fantastic for a small amount of time.

Here's a way that you don't sell your establishment having your Christmas Party.  "We will put out the buffet on the pool tables."

There is nothing your brain will hate more for than you sniffing on a magic marker because you like the smell.

No comments: