Friday, August 15, 2014

What a beautiful park Comerica is.  It has a definite Fenway feel when you are walking around.  They are trying to get that classic park feel.  All the while the Toronto Blue Jays play in a Costco warehouse.

You understand the issues of Detroit only by walking around.  50% of the houses are condemned.  The houses that are condemned are giant once beautiful old school houses.  It's sad to see the decay of the city.

Found out recently that when people thought the world was going to end in 2012 that the most popular meal being eaten was Chicken McNuggets.  They would order 20 nuggets and eat them all to themselves.  Wonder what a McNugget hangover feels like.  Maybe it's a clown slapping your gut constantly until you throw up. 

Snowpiercer  -7.2/10
Draft Day - 6.5/10
Bad Words 6.8/10

Draft Day is a fairly good premise if you don't know anything about football.  Kevin Costner makes the worst trade in football history and somehow snows the team on the 2nd worst trade in football history.

It's surprising that more people don't grow evil moustaches.  You know that thin moustache above your lip.

Met and had a picture with Chris Chelios.  He was selling his signed equipment and pictures at his restaurant.  I was thinking that it's pretty cool that he showed up to his restaurant on Wednesday night.  Then I saw that he was pimping himself out and didn't think it was quite as cool anymore.

The fact that you are able to smoke still indoors in some parts of the States is shocking to me.  It's actually even more shocking that we didn't ban it in Canada until about 15 years ago.

One thing that us nerd types are very good at is finding a movie that we love and posting so much stuff about it that only we want to talk about 6 months from now.  Guardians of the Galaxy you are up.

Top 3 times where you can order a salad as a man and still feel like a man.

3 - Hungover
2 - Overweight
1 - Actually there is only two

I am still not great at dealing with people asking for money.  Sometimes I go with the pretending they don't exist.  Sometimes I say I don't have any change, and sometimes I will reach into my pocket feel change, but pretend I don't.  I do give money the odd time to people playing instruments.  Respect!


What's the phobia called when you are afraid of brown khaki pants?

I don't usually react to celebrity deaths at all.  I don't know the people and of course I enjoy their work, but in the end it doesn't affect me personally.  The Robin Williams death was one of the few that hit me a little bit.  His body of work and his sense of humor was like no other.  Talented and versatile, he will be missed.

It takes a certain type of personality to be good at poker.  You need to be straight faced, calm, cool, collected.  If you have ever seen me play poker then you know I have none of these qualities and am an awful poker player.  I make noises when I get good cards as well. 

Is there an actual half finished Robocop statue in Detroit?  Or is this just a rumour?  It's a brilliant rumour to make up. 


FanExpo is coming up or has already passed.  I am surprised that they don't tag your ear and brand you when you come through the gates.

Running to Classical music is amazing.  It gives you the rhythm to run without becoming out of breath.  Running to Nirvana, well let's just say I need a lot more breaks.

I can still do the splits.  After all these years it can still be done.  One of these times though it's going to end horribly at first base when I attempt it.

I top out at 58mph and my arm hurts today.





No comments: