Saturday, October 4, 2014

Playoff baseball is the celery salt to the caesar of my life.

Sex Tape - 2.8/10

I thought that maybe Jason Segal just did this movie for the money.  I was going to let him off of the hook.  Then the credits come up and there is his name as one of the writers and producers.  This is the equivalent to requesting a Nickelback song to the DJ at a buck and doe.  Then quietly ripping on the DJ when he plays it.

You know when you could care less about your job when you aren't even pretending to look like you are working anymore.  Feet up, on your phone, laid back in a chair that isn't supposed to be in the area that it's in.  That's the essence of not giving a fu**.

Hockey season is back this coming week.  The mediocrity of the Flyers shall shine this winter.

Went to Bingeman's to the Haunted House yesterday.  The actors have a really good time scaring people.  It's hard to know how to react when there is a witch getting right in your face talking smack.  These people must get punched at least once a Halloween season.

I now understand why my ball coaches became upset with me when they heard that I was out till 4 or 5 in the morning and having to pitch the next morning at around 9am.  They believed that the lack of sleep and the alcohol in my system would prevent me from pitching well.  Au contraire, this was when I was at my absolute Pink Floyd jean jacket best.

 W.A.S.P was a band from the '80s.  This is a band that I had to listen to while trying to sleep with my wrestlers as a child.  I always felt like there was going to be a scene from Poltergeist coming out of my brothers room as a child.

I have decided to retire the golf clubs for the season.  It was a successful year of golf.  Would prefer not to ruin it with the vibration of a mishit vibrating 4 iron and then a sip from a $8.00 bud lite.

Sara doesn't fall for the sounds of an aching body sliding on to the couch.  I try to sound the most tired and sore that I have ever been to garner attention that will hopefully parlay into a beer or back massage.  It rarely works.

If you like the movie Sex Tape you might have to explain yourself in a court of law.  Could have been written by small fish in an aquarium in a Chinese Food Restaurant that garnered attention for their lack of cleanliness and were shut down three times this past year.

Went to see Electric Six at the Starlight last week.  They always put on a great show.  They haven't really had a hit song in a decade.  They play a high energy rock funk combination.  Sara and I got to meet the lead singer after the show.  This is one of the many reasons that I enjoy the small venue shows.

Slo-pitch keeps rolling along for this young man.  October co-ed baseball seems like it shouldn't be a thing.

Top 3 things that are inappropriate, but happen unintentionally in dodgeball

3 - You hit a woman with a ball as hard as you can in either the boob or groin.  You kind of giggle while making sure they are ok.
2 - The weird arguments about being hit too high.  Then the awkwardness of which person is going to go off of the floor.
1 - Coming off of the bench like a bat out of hell after someone catches the ball and whipping it at the person on the other team that is going off that just had their ball caught, but you didn't notice.  Then you hit them directly in the side of the head with your 58mph steamer.

 



No comments: