Monday, February 25, 2013

The Oscars were hosted by Seth MacFarlane.  I am surprised that the jokes that he used weren't a little bit classier.  He is after all known for such high brow humour.  To all the haters, you should be blaming the Academy for selecting him.  He has done the same jokes for ten years, why would he change now?

Hey Mark Cuban, if you are going to call out Kobe Bryant when your team is fighting for a playoff spot.  Do it after the game.

Atoms for Peace - 7.8/10  (Thom Yorke is fronting this band.  Little more electronic then Radiohead)

When we stayed at a hostel owned by an English dude in Guatape he told us a funny/sad story about how he has had one person take off without paying for the night.  The same guy drank about fourteen cups of free coffee, and then left the hostel a bad review on Trip Advisor.  Best thing about the story is that the guy wanted to be friends on Facebook after.

Opening Day Jays tickets this year were bloody expensive.  I might have to sell my Frank Thomas Jays jersey to afford it.  Any takers?

Looking for goalie equipment for ice hockey is extremely difficult when you are cheap and a leftie.

Those poor people that have such a beautiful smile, but their gum line is too low. 

The awards that the Oscars got right.

Best Picture - Argo (I love Silver Linings, but this movie was excellent)
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz
Best Documentary - Searching for Sugarman

Awards they got wrong

Best Actress - Jennifer Lawrence should have been Jessica Chastain
Best Director - Ang Lee (Life of Pi) should have been Ben Affleck (Who wasn't nominated)

The best comment that I heard on Facebook was that somebody thought the Avengers should have won for best effects.  Yes, the Hulk did look extremely realistic.  At some points of Life of Pi I couldn't tell if it was the real tiger or the CGI one. 

Do you think that there will ever be a best 3D award?

Watching Raptors basketball is enjoyable again.  The team plays hard every single night.  And are in practically every game. 

Watched Food Inc. last night.  This is the blue pill in the Matrix  I have had my head in the sand for years.  You always know in the back of your mind that there is no way they can be selling burgers this cheap without you paying some type of price on the back end.  When you can buy a cheeseburger cheaper then carrots there is something wrong.

I bet you Jaime Foxx took Kelly Rowland home last night.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but I had an extremely enjoyable drive to Toronto on Saturday.

Watching sore losers on Television makes me laugh.  You look like a complete idiot when you whine about the outcome of a game. 

The refs were brutal the last time the Flyers played the Leafs.  The Flyers would have won the game if it wasn't for that one call in the first.

Feel like a beginner on the roads again when it snows.  White knuckled, turning down the music, sweat coming off my brow.  This two centimeters of snow is getting right in my grill.

 Find that a lot of dudes aren't hanging on to that last grasp of hair on their head.  They are shaving it off like real men.  Over compensate with a beard that's what I would do.

If Bryzgalov is going to play awful.  At least be amusing in your interviews.

If you are going to ask me for a deal at work.  Please tell me that you are buying more then a $399.99 laptop. 

I know there are a lot of really stupid lyrics in the Rock music that I endorse, but doesn't it just sound dumber coming out of a country artists mouth?

 Tofu, you don't taste like food.  You taste like something that got slipped into a kid's meal hoping that the kid wouldn't notice to make it healthier.




No comments: