Friday, April 12, 2013

 I have promised somebody at work that when they quit that I would go to a club for their going away party.  What have I done?  I was awkward at clubs when I was twenty let alone thirty four.  Maybe the cookie bake off and the masturbating goblin will be a hit and I will become a local legend.  I will end my madness by wearing a mouse mask in my final performance and spell mouse Mau5.

The Americans - 9.0/10  (About a Russian family that are undercover agents during the cold war in America.)

Caveman - Caveman - 9.3/10

Caveman is also a great name for a band.  They have a spectacular mix of mellow guitar mixed with a small amount Radiohead type electronics in the background.  Great vibe, have a listen.



This has been happening since the beginning of time, but it still needs to be stated that great people lose people before their time due to health complications, and then you have people that have abused their body for years and they still live.

Ice storm, you think you're so tough.

The Jays would be a lot better if Ricky Romero wasn't starting every game for them.  They should look at that.

Round of applause to the Toronto Maple Leafs.  You made the playoffs.  It was a great ten year period to be a Leaf hater.


There is nothing like the shuffle option on an ipod.  Having a Korn song on right after Sufjan Stevens is like having ice cream, then a sip of black coffee.

You know you watch too much baseball when you spell sip, Sipp, like the reliever for the Cleveland Indians.

So you want to get into music by bands that you haven't heard of, and you really enjoy my ipod's shuffle early morning at work.  And don't know where to start?  These five albums are must owns for beginners.

In no particular order

Stephen Malkmus - Face the Truth
Junip - Fields
Grizzly Bear - Veckatmist
Bear in Heaven - Beast Rest Forth Mouth
Caribou - Andorra


I think it would be a lot of work to be grumpy every day of my life.  The people that come into work and you just feel your mood deteriorating like health points in World of Warcraft (is that right?)  If you had 5 kick in the groin cards each day I would have them used up by noon each weekday.

That should be implemented.  Only certain people are able to own these cards, and I get to choose who owns them.  That's a perfect society.

Sloths, Dogs, and Cats take the best photographs.  They are the Derek Zoolander, Hansel, and Billy Zane's of the animal world.

Are people more dramatic now?  I find people getting stressed out and angry over smaller and smaller things. "Jesus, where is my lip chap, I had it right here.  My lips are so chapped.  Did somebody take it?  I need it , I need it."

I absolutely love my new Facebook profile pic (Thanks Alex.)  Looking like a greasy American Politician or Clark Kent is something that I can do with ease now.  Before I could only look like a member of the Sheepdogs.  Thanks short hair, and no moustache you're the best.
 

No comments: