Monday, April 7, 2014

Sara has left for her Appalachia Trail journey.  It was tough to see her off for a long five month period.  I will probably be calling on some of you to prevent me from sitting in my boxers, watching afternoon baseball, and eating a block of cheese.  Actually, I'm good.

 Here's her trail journal for those that would like to keep up to date with her adventures.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=448101

For every Bohemian Rhapsody that Queen sang there was a Body Language.  That song is awful.

Once a decade is a great rate to make the playoffs.  This Leafs debacle is one of the highlights of the year for me.  Listening to Leaf fans call into sports radio shows after a Leafs loss is another one of my highlights.

I was at the Jays game yesterday with the family.  There was a big crowd on hand.  The Rogers centre still looks like garbage, but they have a bunch of different food and booze options now.  Remember when it was only McDonald's that was in there.  That was very strange.


While purging the cupboards while spring cleaning.  I realized that I must sleep drive to Dave's Tea to purchase items.  Why the hell do I own so much tea?

Juno's were last weekend.  Bieber was booed.  BTO is better than I thought they were.  Serena Ryder is mediocre at best, and Tegan and Sara are fantastic ambassadors for Canadian artists.

For anybody that loves Winnipeg I apologize, but it's a sh**hole.

Do you smell what's in the air?  That's the smell of finely cut grass by the hungover staff of the Listowel Golf and Country Club.

Stopped at the Kacaba winery on the way back to the city after dropping Sara off.  When you walk into a winery as a single man.  They assume that you have money, and that you are sophisticated.  When they figure out that you are neither of those things they recommend the house wine.

Every single championship that LeBron wins is similar to the steroid records in baseball to me.  Anytime that you go build a super team.  All accomplishments have a taint to them.  Eventually the Cavs would have won it and the taste would have been so much sweeter.

The baby blue Clipper uniforms look like a mental asylum basketball team playing in their pajama's.

I always thought that having a fantastic razor was just lip service by the companies.  When is the last time that you used a cheap razor?  I think I just made my face look like Bryan Adam's with one shave.

Kitchener festival coming up.  They are playing on an old landfill.  Insert Kim Mitchell music reference here.

Going to see the National at Massey Hall this week.  That Dark Colombian Coffee voice is making 3 of my 8 chest hairs tremble with excitement.

NCAA basketball isn't really my thing, but it was good to see so many Canadian players playing, and having a huge impact on their teams.

Does it sound crazy to actually want the Flyers to play the Penguins in the first round of the playoffs?   The Rangers scare the crap out of me.

Yes I am a nerd.  Yes I put the Game of Thrones theme song on my iPod.

One thing when I realized grocery shopping for the first time without Sara.  Things go a lot quicker when I don't have to sell somebody on the stuff that I am buying



No comments: