Tuesday, July 23, 2013

You know your golf technique is not down yet when you strain your forearm and hurt your pinky finger from swinging the golf club too hard.

Witnessed a man cutting his grass by just sitting on the grass with no shirt on and pulling it out with his hands.
He was putting the grass in a coffee tin, and had one of those almost passed out looks on his face.

Oblivion - 6.4/10

Pretty movie, but there are way too many American cliches and the story line just takes pieces from multiple scifi movies.  Do they have a hard time finding women that are shorter than Tom Cruise to play leading ladies.  He just looks ridiculous when trying to look deep into the eyes of a taller woman.

Sara made me lasagne last night from scratch.  It was a fantastic surprise.  I now have quite a bit more respect for people that make lasagne from scratch.  There are a lot of steps that you have to worry about.  One of the steps is answering multiple times from the guy on the couch doing nothing if it's done yet.

Retro websites are going to become a thing.  You heard it here first.  If you don't believe me have a look at this site.

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Ribfest -  This is an event where the best rib makers and micro breweries come out in full force.  The idea is great, but the execution wasn't quite where I needed it to be.  Beers were too small, and lineups were too long.  Where did all these people come from?  At one point  I was in line waiting for a beer, a good ten minutes goes past, and I realize that I am in the line for coolers instead of beer.  I had to make a decision.  Mike's hard lemonade which doesn't go well with ribs or go to a different line.  Choose your own adventure?

Luigi Alegini - Best Italian name of all time? 

Have you ever had a conversation with someone that was so boring that you felt yourself falling asleep standing up?   Your eyes begin to glaze over, and even your constant yawning doesn't make them shut up.  The last resort that you have it just to fall down face first on cement.  Seems extreme, but sometimes the most extreme action is the most necessary action.

Falling down so hard that you get turf in the frame of your glasses is rare, but I have seen it a few times in my day.

Don't be one of  those people that pull the drop in move.  You know, come over unannounced.  There is nothing worse than not being prepared for a conversation. 

Story - Played golf recently.  It was a par four that was 312 yards, you couldn't see the green from the tee off.  I hammered a drive straight and ended up reaching the green.  Noticed while walking up there that there were people putting when the ball had rolled on to the green.  Meeting up the with the group on the tee off on the next hole.  The elder Scotsman, at least 75 years old yelled at me in a glorious Scottish accent  "You got no sense in that head?  You should be put into the looney bin."  Two facts I would like to state here.  I have never been told that I should be put into a looney bin.  And I wanted to tell everybody that I drove a par 4 green.

I am not as good at eating chips and dip as I use to be.

Top 3 bad decisions while drinking that I can remember.

3 - Challenging a stronger than she looked woman to an arm wrestle.
2 - Yes, we can fit 8 people in this car at Modeans.
1 - Challenging a person to a race in a dark park with raised sidewalks in Welland.

Boston Pizza just opened a restaurant with  a bowling alley attached to Bingeman's.  They have leather couches while you are waiting to shoot, and dozens of huge televisions with random sporting games on.  Beats Brunswick bowl where they have 20" tube TV's with McCain deep dish pizza's, and locals that are still wearing Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet t-shirts.

Do you know any person that would want a tail?  If you do, I would like you to share their story. 

Alright I like Sombersby.  I have been trying to deny it for a couple of summers.  And yes, I can fit a few of them in my purse.

No comments: